Measurement guide for shirts
REFER TO THE FOLLOWING DESCRIPTION AND MEASURE YOURSELF TO ORDER A PERFECTLY FITTING COAT/BLAZER
1. Neck - Wrap the tape around your neck and bring it just beneath the adam’s apple. Ensure a comfortable fit by allowing 1 finger between your neck and the measuring tape.
2. Shoulder Width - Identify the point where the shoulder seam and the sleeve seam meet on one shoulder. Measure across the back along the contour of your shoulders to the same intersecting point on your other shoulder. The measurement should arc from across one shoulder, towards the neckline and then back down to the other shoulder.
3. Chest - Raise both arms and wrap the measuring tape around your chest at it’s widest part, usually right under the armpits and over the nipples. While taking this measurement place 2 fingers between the tape and your chest. Don’t over tight during measurement. Make sure the tape is parallel to the ground even from the back and isn’t falling downwards or rising upwards.
4. Sleeve Length - Identify the point where the shoulder seam and the sleeve seam meet on one shoulder. Measure from that point down to your elbow. Use you finger to hold the tape near your elbow, then follow the contour of the arm towards the wrist till the point where the base of your thumb meets your wrist.
5. Half Sleeve Length- Identify the point where the shoulder seam and the sleeve seam meet on one shoulder. Measure from that point down to the end of your shirt sleeve.
6. Wrist - Place the measuring tape over the wrist bone and around the wrist. With one finger inside the measuring tape, note down the measurement.
7. Bicep - Measure across the fullest part of your bicep with 2 fingers between the measuring tape and your bicep.
8. Stomach - Measure around the biggest part of your stomach, usually at navel level. Include two fingers between the tape and your stomach. Avoid holding the tape too tight. Make sure the tape is parallel to the ground even from the back and isn’t falling downwards or rising upwards.
9. Across Back - Measure from the edge of one arm, just under the armpits, across the back till the edge of the other arm.
10. Shirt Length - Measure from the shoulder seam of your shirt, just next to your collar, down to about your thumb knuckle ,when your arms hang loose to you sides.
11. Hip - Remove everything from your pants pockets. Wrap the tape around your hips at their widest point, several inches below the waistline of your pants.