1. The width of the tie should match the width of the lapel.
2. In general, thin lapels are more modern. Wide lapels are more old- school
3. A pocket square adds an extra level of polish, but make sure it doesn’t match your tie in either pattern or fabric choice.
4. When buying an off-the-rack suit, the number one thing to check is how the shoulders fit.
5. A collar gap between your jacket’s lapels and your shirt’s collar can signify an ill-fitting jacket.
6. Your belt should be fairly thin and the same color as your shoes.
7. Double vents in the back are more modern and fashionable.
8. You should be able to slip your hand between your chest and your buttoned jacket such that it feels snug, but with room to move.
9.Always unbutton your suit before sitting down, or you risk ruining it
10. If you’re wearing a vest, always keep the bottom button unbuttoned
11. Make sure that your socks are long enough that there’s no exposed leg when sitting down.
12. Your tie should always be darker than your dress shirt.
13. . Your tie should JUST reach the waistband of your trousers, or be slightly shorter.
14. For a more fashion-forward look, the pant hem should hit right at the top of your shoe.
15. If you sweat a lot, wear an undershirt.